Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pray Without Ceasing


Today I was having a not-so-great day. One of those 'I feel sad and just want to curl up on the couch and watch Sex & the City' kind of days. With everything going on around here, and life feeling like one thing after the other keeps slapping me in the face, my fiance finally woke me up last night and made me realize that I need to be practicing what I preach, that "happiness is a choice." So then, I looked up the Verse of the Day, and it read...
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer."- Romans 12:12.
Amen to that, big man. 
How appropriate. 3 lessons I'm learning right now, and 3 lessons I think everyone is continually learning. 
I've decided that job hunting is one of the biggest lessons on patience. In my mind, as soon as I submit a resume, I should receive a call within 5 minutes telling me how amazing I am and how my resume just blew everyone else out of the water and how they would be crazy not to hire me. Hmmph. That hasn't happened yet. But really, the time is takes to hear back from an employer is pain staking. I need immediate gratification and when all you get back is a confirmation email that says "we got your resume, we'll contact you if you're good enough" it's nerve wracking! I just wish I could march into these employers and say "here I am, I'm ready to work, I'm passionate about what I do, I WANT to work for you, hire me now."
Adam and I have been very blessed with Adam's new job, and I am anxious to see what's in store for myself. I should have no reason to doubt that God has a plan and it's already figured out for me, I just haven't gotten that phone call yet. Keep those prayers coming, I hear they work pretty well :-)

On a lighter note, Adam, in reference to my little drawing of us from my last post, asked me why he was holding hands with Nicki Minaj. Probably the best compliment ever! Apparently I need to work on my stick figure drawings. Bahahaha

I've been racking my brain for ways to decorate our new home! We lucked out and at our shower last weekend we got everything we need for our bathroom! Donzo! It's a grey & white patterned curtain, and then all of our towels are grey as well. I LOVE grey. Does that make me boring?? Grey is just so pretty and simple and romantic! I figure at a future time I can accent with a fun bright color, or change out the curtain easier and it will still match all our towels! Our apartment is separated into a front living room (where the front door/deck/and window that faces the street is), second living room, bathroom/hallway, kitchen, bedroom, then back sun-room/man-cave/back door. Picture a long rectangle sectioned off. We're thinking that front room by the front door will be a less formal living room/ welcome to our home room/ mini office for me, and then the next living room will actually be where we put the couches and make it all cozy :-) I think one of the biggest challenges in getting married and moving into your MARRIED home, is that you suddenly grow up and have to decorate accordingly :-) This isn't a dorm room, and it's not an apartment with a girlfriend. This is going to be my home with my husband. Our home. Our parents' homes will no longer be our homes. Such a weird and sweet concept at once. Once we're moved in and have everything set up perfectly, I'll be sure and blog our new decor, although no judging the hand-me-down-non-matching furniture :-)
37 days! And I get to see Mr Adam tomorrow! Can. Not. Wait. I think I will cry like a baby on our wedding day simply because it will mean we never have to do long distance ever again. I can't even comprehend that.
Back to Sex & the City, working on wedding crafts! I refuse to submit to this ugly, rainy day. I'm getting off the couch, getting out of my slouchy clothes, and being productive and HAPPY. 
I have no reason not to be!

-the Future Mrs.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Sarah! I hate that you are going through that - I went through it last summer. It was a humbling experience... in fact... I am (secretly) having to go through it again since we are moving. I will never forget crying about how "I worked so hard in school so that getting a job wouldn't be hard and now I can't find a job!" and what I forgot was that God was only doing what was best for me... all of the jobs I had applied for did not even COMPARE to the one I got... I just had to wait. I taught myself to enjoy the freedom of sleeping in and not having an 8-5 M-F schedule while I could because eventually it would come to a close. I will never forget how grateful I was when I got the job I have now - I felt so accomplished because it was the best position around here AND it was walking distance from my house. It will all work out so perfectly... just enjoy this time and relax all you can! **FYI I'm reminding myself of these same things because I'm having trouble finding anything in Bristol!**

    ReplyDelete