Monday, June 6, 2011

Just a Little Update

Hey everyone! I wanted to give a brief update on what I've been up to and what I'll be doing this summer! Don't get your hopes up, it's not too exciting, except for the planning a WEDDING part!
I'm still on the hunt for a job, but I actually have two interviews tomorrow for two different part-time, more 'fun' jobs. So we'll see how that goes. I can't tell you how many resumes I have submitted via cyber-space over the past week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of them looks at my resume and goes "that Sarah Pence seems like the perfect fit. and I bet she's getting married soon and would really like to start making some money. let's hire her immediately."
It could happen.
Also, Sarah E. photography is still in the process of getting my name out there, handing out business cards, updating my website, and hopefully one day being so busy I have to turn down clients. That's the goal, and I can dream can't I?
Anywho, I have become very well acquainted with The Knot, Southern Living Weddings, and every other current Summer 2011 Bridal magazine that's out there. I have even purchased two different wedding planners, and a handy notebook to jot down all my ideas. I decided I'm going to dive in as organized as possible.



In case you missed it, I FOUND MY DRESS! I'm relieved to have that part out of the way, but it was so much fun to try on so many pretty dresses! However, only one was beautiful enough to make the cut.

Also, mom and I have been venue-hunting like mad women. Yesterday we visited a place called, Moonshine Hill. It's only about 5-10 minutes from my house! It. Was. Perfect. We absolutely loved it. It was so "Adam and Sarah." My head was spinning with ideas for the ceremony and reception, and it just fit right into my wedding day vision. I can't wait to show pictures of the place! It's definitely a strong contender on our venue list. Hopefully this week we will have "the place" booked, whether it ends up being this one or not, and finally have a date to tell everyone! Hooray!

Tomorrow, I'm going with my sweet Maid of Honor, Lauren Harmon to Weddings 101. It's a free everything-you-need-to-know-about-weddings-in-middle-tn convention type thing at The Factory. Afterwards, we're finally going to see Bridesmaids. Way overdue for this date!

I think that's all for now, but I'm trying to keep everyone on the same page :)

Newsflash, one of my best friends, Becca Carter is getting married 2 months from today!! WAHOO!! Check out her blog HERE.

Over and out,
The Future Mrs.




2 comments:

  1. I do believe I love you Sarah! Can't wait to see the venue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Sarah to another, I recommend you definitely checkout weddingbee.com I have found some of the best inspiration there and love to read all the blog posts. (Plus they have classifieds to buy used/leftover items from other brides). The one and only Ms. Sarah Barlow took our engagement pictures last year and we used them for a guest photo book that everyone loved. Congratulations to you and your future husband!!

    ReplyDelete