Tuesday, June 7, 2011

For the Mr

Things got a little crazy tonight, and I did something very...domestic. 
I made homemade guacamole!
I'm obsessed with avocados and wish I could grow an avocado tree. (Do avocados even grow on trees?) My old roomie, Jenn, and I ate guacamole like crazies while we lived together. So I thought I'd relive those good times.
I wanted to fully document this, in case anyone, cough cough Adam, was worried about my future domestic ability as a WIFE :)
So this is for you, fiance. 
Also, my soon to be sister-in-law, Anna Ingle, is the Queen Bee of all things domestic, and often blogs about it HERE, one day I hope to emulate her baby food recipes :) Anna, you might appreciate this post too :)
Here is what I started with:
4 Avocados, an onion, a tomato, a lime, fresh garlic, and cilantro. And Pandora in the background.
If someone knows an easier way to pick the seed out please tell me!

I chopped up the onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic, and sprinkled on some lime juice. Oh and lots of sea salt. I'm super picky about how salty my guacamole is! Lord knows I'm not a very seasoned chopper of foods, so no judging on lack of prettiness here.
Then I tossed it all into the smushed up avocados and re-smushed it all together. I left one of the seeds in there until the very end because someone told me it, along with the lime juice, would keep the avocados from turning. Hmm. So I tried it. 
Well, it turned out a little chunky, but I can't stand going to mexican restaurants when their guac looks like they mixed it in a blender. Yuck.
Don't worry, it was delicious. 
Just call me, Suzy Home-maker. 
Not really, don't do that. That would be weird, and totally not me.

The Future Mrs.

P.S. He's a nerd. I know. But that's why I love him. So deal with it :)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! We had that last night too! You rock in the kitchen. First Guac, next Key lime pie...yeah right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love some Key Lime Pie. Second best summer desert, right behind strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete