Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Found It!

After years of watching Say Yes to the Dress, I finally did it myself! I said yes...to a BEAUTIFUL dress!!
It's absolutely perfect, in every single way, and I can't imagine marrying Adam in anything else!
It's nothing like what you'd think I would wear, and yet it's so ME.
Mom and I started looking just for fun on Tuesday, and of course we fell in LOVE with the first one I tried on, so much so that we put it on hold for a few days. We went to another place on Thursday, but still didn't find anything that topped that first one. Then this morning, we went to a nice boutique in Nashville, thinking that we probably wouldn't find a better one. We went through and pulled 5 or 6 dresses we liked, and then once in the room we narrowed it down to the one I liked best and wanted to try on first. I was a little iffy when I first put it on, still having that first dress in mind from Tuesday, but after just a few minutes in it and after putting the veil on with it, we fell in love with it! It absolutely topped the first one, and just felt like "the dress." So I ended up not trying anything else on at that boutique, and we went to one more place in Murfreesboro just to see what they had. Nothing came close, so we booked it back to where we were this morning, and tried that dress on again, and knew it was the one! I felt gorgeous, mature, and like a Bride. I got fitted for it and ordered it in my size. 
It's official! That's my dress!
It made us both cry. So I guess that's saying something. Wedding gown shopping with my mom is something I'll never forget, and I'm so glad we got to spend that time together.
I love it, Adam will love me in it, and that's all that matters!
I can't wait to see the look on his face when they open those church doors :) :) 
Next year, please go by fast, I want to marry my best friend already!

P.S. Don't ask me any details about my dress, I'm keeping it a surprise to as many people as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment