Thursday, March 8, 2012

Words of Wisdom

So these past few days I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to try to do. My list could go on, and on, and on, and on. But until I actually commit and make it happen, these ideas are pointless. 
Last weekend, out of a true labor of love, I sat down with Adam and watched the first two Star Wars episodes. Or really, episodes 4 and 5. But don't ask me how that makes sense, because it still confuses me, and probably always will! Anyways, in "His Needs, Her Needs" it talked about taking time to share in your spouse's interests and joining them in things they enjoy. So, I thought I'd start that off with one of Adam's greatest passions. 
Star Wars. 
There is a scene in the middle of the 5th one where Yoda says a pretty memorable quote. 
Kudos to the little guy. 
Here it is:

"Do. Or do not. There is no try."


How true is that?! You either make things happen, or they don't get done. I guess I'm just a big dreamer, but you don't get things you don't ask for, and you don't make dreams happen that you don't go after. And ultimately, being happy is your decision. 
And these little girls make me happy.

Can I wear a princess tiara and dance and sing and be best friends with Ellen and only worry about if I wear pink or not?!

But to tie it all together, life is too short to not do things you want to do. 

On a random side note, we bought these awesome coasters the other day! We're convinced it's an "I" but it looks slightly like the number 1. But why would the number 1 be on a coaster?? So for now, they're I's, which are near impossible to find!


-the Future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment