Friday, March 23, 2012

It's getting so REAL!!

Last weekend my mom and I flew down to Dallas, TX (Southlake) and stayed with Adam's family for our first bridal shower! Friday was actually my birthday, so while we waited for Adam to get in town, my soon to be mother-in-law, myself, and my mom went to a fabulous lunch in Uptown Dallas, and then headed straight to the Arboretum! I've always wanted to go to the arboretum, but it isn't exactly on Adam's to-do list. It. Was. Beautiful. The flowers were to die for, and the sun came out making it even prettier. Here are a few flower pictures I snapped along our walk, okay maybe more than a few, but they're just so pretty! It amazes me how artistic God is! Check out these colors!









I've concluded I love flowers. 
But I think we all already knew this. 

On our way home we drove through downtown Dallas, and got to see the Grassy Knoll and the building JFK was assassinated from, and drove the same route they were taking that day. Talk about a strange feeling, but so historical and amazing. 

So Saturday, being St. Patrick's Day, Adam's parents cooked a traditional Irish meal of corned-beef and   cabbage. Sounds not to appetizing, eh?
It was delicious!! 



Ok maybe it didn't look exactly like this, but close enough! Well done St. Patty's Day, well done.

Sunday afternoon was our first bridal shower!!! WOOHOO!!!
A few of Adam's long-time church friends and family friends of the Ingles threw us a beautiful shower, and blessed us immensely. I can't even describe how much love we felt! It was more than wonderful. The hostesses gave us our Pottery Barn duvet cover and shams and I thought I was going to jump up and down in excitement!! So excited about our bedding no matter how silly that may be! Thank You Note Extravaganza will be commencing asap.


Here are a few pictures from our shower! I won't blog them all, just a few favorites :)
Ignore my glasses, TX allergies and my eyes do not get along!




All of the hostesses with the mosteses! 

Proud mom :)





Why yes that's a Star Wars lunch pail and a set of Star Wars cookie cutters.


Miss Layla was a little over the picture taking :)


Future Mr & Mrs!
78 days!!

Let's see, this week I picked out our ceremony music. 
Tear-Jerker. That's for sure!
So I guess next on the agenda is making our programs! Woo!
But is it bad that these are last on my priority list? I mean, it will really only be looked at for 20 minutes tops, right? Hmmph. The little things are easily losing importance the closer and closer we get to the big day. I just want to marry Adam and live happily ever after :)
JUNE 9th HURRY UP!!!!!
And of course I have an app on my phone counting down the days...but what bride doesn't??


I think I almost cried when I saw this in the church bulletin...so crazy!! I've grown up seeing everyone's showers listed and always wondered who I would be a "bride-elect of" :) I can't believe it's happening!


I can't wait to start going to showers for some of my other engaged friends...how fun!!! I'm so excited for them!! We're all growing up and I just love it!! Bring it on shower season!

-the Future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment