Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Girl's Best Friends

So now that I've had a few days to recover from my jam-packed day of lingerie, best friends, good food, and bachelorette fun, I'm ready to post a few pictures from said events!
First, let me introduce my maid of honor & matron of honor who threw me this AMAZING combination shower day. 
Meet: Lauren.
We've been friends for a hot minute! In fact, we actually started going to school together in 6th grade, but didn't actually become friends until our freshman year of high school. We ran in the same small crowd all 4 years, then ended up living together during my time at Lipscomb, working together during two summers, and now she's helping me plan my wedding! This picture is from July 2009, right before I made the switch back to Harding to go get my prince charming :-)

Meet: Jennifer
 My sister-in-law has definitely been a huge blessing! I always wanted a sister, and when my brother married Jennifer, it was fate. The stars aligned, and the universe was forced to learn how to deal with not just one, but two Pence gals! I feel like I've known Jennifer my whole life, and I couldn't have imagined Daniel marrying anyone else! She's hilarious, and fits perfectly into our family. This picture is from their wedding almost 3 years ago! I can't wait to take a picture like this on my own wedding day!

The lingerie shower was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. Here were some of the decorations:










It was a blast. We played several fun girlie games, that I will forever archive those embarrassing pictures from, opened presents, and ate cake! I LOVE MY FRIENDS. I can't even explain how blessed I was at this shower, more than I could have ever dreamed! I don't want to post any pictures of all my pretty presents hanging up behind me, because that would be no fun :-)


A few of my Lipscomb girlies were finally able to reunite at the shower!

Arkansas roomie came in from Jonesboro! Just this time last year we were wondering when he was going to propose!!

MRS Sawyer came too!! I can't believe we'll both be married!!!

So many of my best, best friends were sweet enough to spend most of Saturday celebrating with me. I wish I could post every picture we took!! It was so fun having my high school friends meet my Lipscomb friends and meet my Harding friends and meet my childhood friends. Whew. So many amazing friendships from so many different stages of life!

Later that night we all met back up at Urban Flats in downtown Nashville for an entertaining & delicious dinner, then enjoyed the rest of the night together. Here's the only two pictures I snapped!


 I think this picture has pretty much all the girls from the shower, plus or minus 2 or 3 :-)
How special to be surrounded by so much love. 
Not to mention surrounded by all the memories formed that day & night.
 I can't wait to start going to my friends' showers! Bring it on shower season!!

 But with all that said, lingerie showers & bachelorette parties seem so trivial when there are good people dealing with some of the worst things imaginable.
 Please, please continue for pray for my friend Jason & his precious wife, Ashley. A lot of us went to high school with him, and several of my best friends are still very close to him and his wife. He was critically wounded in Afghanistan 3 days ago and the family has gone to be with him at a military hospital in Germany. It's a very serious situation, and they need prayers for the outcome that God knows is best. He's a tough guy, and his wife is even tougher. Stay strong, Jason! So many people are praying for you!
It's always a good thing to be humbled and brought back to the fact that we're not in control. Only God knows what each day holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment