Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shadowbox & DIY Whiteboard

So since this is partially turning into my crafting/wedding ideas blog, I wanted to share the two crafts I made yesterday! Both of these things could be used at our reception or at our future home!
Craft 1- rustic shadow box!
I have been wanting to make one for the oodles and oodles of little gems here and there I've saved from things Adam and I have done or things he's given me, and I finally got inspired to just do it after Anna made a suuuuuper precious one for Mr. Jack. 
I hit up Hobby Lobby once again, and bought a shadow box that would match some of my frames and some really cute fabric, and just went with it! Here's how it turned out!

the shadow box & fabric
the result on my wall!

Craft 2- rustic whiteboard
I got this idea from combining a few different ideas I've seen on Pinterest & other craft blogs,
and just made it my own.
I found a destroyed wood frame and used the other half of the fabric from the shadow box, hot glued everything, and voila!

the frame
the frame with the fabric hot glued to the cardboard piece that came inside the frame
a homemade whiteboard! The only marker I had was on the verge of death so it didn't show up very well, but it will be super useful in a kitchen or office or at our reception as a welcome sign!

That's all, for now!
-the future Mrs.



No comments:

Post a Comment