Friday, September 16, 2011

Compromise

Who knew that planning a wedding would take a huge amount of compromise, even with someone who's your other 75%. Well, obviously I knew that, but everyone always says, the bride does everything and the groom has no say. Not the case. It's half HIS day too. Luckily I think there is only one main category right now that we are in disagreement about: music. 
And luckily, we've got 267 days to decide on something!
Which by the way, is starting to fly by! I can't believe it's already mid-September!
For instance. 
I found a song the other night and thought, 
"oh this would be PERFECT for us to leave the ceremony to!!"
Adam thought, "it's too fast."
Well meh meh meh. 
Another instance. 
Adam insists on walking into the ceremony to something...grand. 
Like THIS.
One can only assume how the bride-to-be felt about that one. 
I guess I'm learning that not every wedding idea I have is going to pass the a-ok from my groom, and I have to be ok with that. I want it to be just as special for him as it will be for me.
And in the end, who really cares what music we use. Who's going to remember it anyways? 
We will be married and happy and that's all that matters. 
I guess you'll just have to come to our wedding to see what the final decision was!
Either way, I know it will be perfectly "Adam & Sarah."
-The Future Mrs.


p.s. I think we might start registering this weekend!! 

I'm sure it will be an afternoon full of compromising and dreaming about OUR future home!
p.s.s We both recently got jobs!! Maybe we won't live in a cracker box after all! Only kidding. But God is so good, right when you need Him most.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, music was a little issue for Andrew and I too. I found this wonderful song for Andrew to walk in to and I thought he would love it because it was from his favorite band and I just couldn't think of more perfect words. However, Andrew had played the CD too much and forgot to tell me that he had made himself sick of the band. I was totally devastated when he told me he didn't like the song.

    P.S. my name is Shellarloveskittes because Matt (Andrew's twin) thought it would be funny to make Andrew and I a wedding blog and that's the name he picked out. I'm not as crafty nor as good as a blogger as you so that failed.

    ReplyDelete